“I know What I do not Know is Key to Success”
       There are two important phrases, namely “I know” and “I do not know”. If these two phrases or sentences are grouped together then it results four different possible combinations:  “I know what I do not know”; “I know what I know”; “I do not know what I know”; and “I do not know what I do not know”. Let us enlighten these very important combinations:

§  I know what I do not know: This is most important among all four important sentences. If I know what I do not know, gives me feedback what needs to be improved in me. The feedback of oneself is like a mirror where we ourselves truly and whenever we find any pimple or same on our face we do not ignore it; we try to remove or cure it. We need to know and identify what is weakness in us then only we can take corrective measures to win over or overcome the weaknesses. Knowing about what we do not know has two dimensions, namely we do not know about something which is not relevant; and other is relevant. If the analysis of what we do know is done properly and is taken with positive attitude then we would have great improvement in us. This gives opportunity to assess the self and improve the performance if required. Practicing success is actually continuously learning so that one can enjoy sustainable success. Realization is an important factor of what we do not know and its importance for the self.
§  I know what I know: This is second possible combination is even more important. Many times, we do not know our own strength and potential and we feel weak. Swami Vivekananda has rightly said “Each Soul is Potentially Divine”, but the divinity has to be expressed and represented and therefore, we should know what we know and what are positive deeds and characteristics. The knowledge of what we know can help in achieving anything we want and take interest in.
§  I do not know what I know: If I do not know what I know is the most dangerous thing one can have in his/her life. If the strength is not known to someone how could we expect him/her exploiting/utilizing the strength or qualities? This can be overcome if we interact with each other respectfully and see some great personality or even a friend as a benchmark and try to see what we have not been able to identify properly and utilize it.
§  I do not know what I do not know: This is most fatal and suicidal among all the four combinations of the two phrases. I am not aware of what I do not know makes us lazy in our activities and we do not have any scope of improvement and that might not lead quality and happy life.

   For all the above, we are required to have INTEREST in knowing ourselves. If I do not take interest in knowing what I do not know or even what I know; in both the ways I would have seldom opportunities of sustainable success in my life. This is a continuous process of knowing oneself and learning what is required. This concept applies to all walks of life, be it public; professional; personal or student life, the theory equally applies. Let us have insight of oneself and know the self thoroughly. This would prove to be an important key or secret to SUCCESS! (For feedback: drgrsinha@ieee.org).    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mapping Learning Outcomes with Learning Objectives for Achieving Real Impact of Outcome Based Education (OBE) in Myanmar

Why is 5th September important for me?