Homage and Donation Ceremony- My Learning Experience from Myanmar-04

 

Homage and Donation Ceremony
(My Learning Experience from Myanmar-04)

#mylearningexperiencefromMyanmar #04
#my54monthsinMyanmar #04


      Fourth learning from Myanmar is Homage and Donation Ceremony by almost all the people of Myanmar. This is the great attribute in Myanmar which the people and families inherently possess.



Source: https://www.outlookindia.com/outlooktraveller//public/uploads/filemanager/images/shutterstock_1064317709_5e500981118fc.jpg 


Homage Ceremony: 

Homage paying ceremony is organized for a number of occasions, such as paying respects to the teachers; paying homage to monks; and others. In all such homage ceremony, especially homage for teachers (that I have personally witnessed), reverence as paid in so teachers and monks. When I witnessed the homage first time by our students at MIIT Mandalay, Myanmar, I cannot express my feelings but what I can say is I was very much emotional and full of tears. The students kneel down and pay their respects, moreover they shall also pray for the teachers. I have seen this great tradition in all, Buddhists, Hindus and others. 

 
Source: https://www.miit.edu.mm/imager/media/images/News/2019.09.20-Sayar-Gadaw-Pwe/3993/sayar_gadaw_pwe-11_c769d5d879c03cf167ff2b93bdd28e8d.JPG 


Donation Ceremony: 

Though, donation and generosity is basic instinct in every Burmese. In fact, every household or every body to their respective capacity donate something almost every week or a month. When it comes of some occasions, related to happiness or even death of some body in the family, oh my God, the amount and way by which the Burmese people donate is huge. The monks are generally invited in their house, offer prayers on the occasion and feed the monks with variety of food items; and finally donate eatables, clothes, money etc. as donation. 

  
Source: https://www.mmtimes.com/news/ceremony-20000-monks-aims-boost-thailand-ties.html 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mapping Learning Outcomes with Learning Objectives for Achieving Real Impact of Outcome Based Education (OBE) in Myanmar

Why is 5th September important for me?

विज्ञान एवं आध्यात्मिकता