Why is 5th September important for me?

                           Why is 5th September important for me? 


5th September is of huge importance to me due to three significant reasons:

1. This day is celebrated as "Teachers Day" in India and Teachers are of great importance in my life.
2. I am a Teacher and therefore I feel extremely proud serving towards Nation-building and Man-making. 
3. My daughter's birthday falls on 5th September.

Let me explain the above, in some more details.

1. Whatever I am and whatever I achieved are due to my Great Teachers.

  The first teacher in my life who influenced me is Shri Nand Kumar Chandrakar (my primary school teacher) who could inspire me to go ahead; be focused and just keep rocking. Born in poor farmer's family, if I could get my primary education with brilliant performance just because of his inspiration and encouragement.
  Second teacher is my GOD FATHER, whose name is Shri Bhagwati Prasad Verma who came to my life and transformed me. If I could move ahead after my high school education; if I could complete my schooling with great performance; if I could get into NIT Raipur; if I could get into Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Ashrama; and many more......all due to this great teacher. If he had not come in my life; probably I would not have continued my education after 10th standard.
 Third teacher is my college Professor, Dr Anupam Shukla (erstwhile GEC Raipur), who is Director at IIIT Pune. If I could choose teaching as a career; its only because of him. If I am doing something in research and publications; the inspiration comes from him.
 Fourth is Dr Shrish Verma, who is Dean at NIT Raipur now, whom I found as model teacher having holistic approach towards all-round development of students. Truly speaking, if I am speaking English fluently, its credit actually goes to him. I could see him how he used to deliver and practice accordingly. I learned a lot from him, especially the way he teaches. I still remember the way, he used to teach Microprocessor 8085.
 Fifth teacher is Dr M. R. Khan, who influenced me a lot towards powerful teaching and candid deliberations. I am happy that his date of birth is also on 5th September. Electronic Devices & Circuits and Analog Electronics were major courses I still remember and whatever I know fundamentally because of Khan Sir. 
 Sixth teacher is Dr Kavita Thakur, my PhD Supervisor from whom I learnt simplicity, great patience; humility and many more. Luckily, I was taught by her father during my B.E. I am blessed to have such wonderful teacher.
  Seventh teacher is Prof. M. K. Kowar who could teach me presentation skills both written as well as verbal.
  Eighth Teacher is Revered Swami Vivekananda (Always) whose teachings flow in my blood. I could learn a lot about life skills and values through Revered Swami Satyaroopnanda Ji Maharaj, secretary of Ramakrsihna Mission Raipur.
  Ninth Teacher is my family (my wife and daughter; and my parents) who do keep me teaching a lot about patience, hope, faith and many more.
 Tenth Teacher is "Me" and I do teach myself through continuous learning and thus I am extremely proud being a teacher. I never opted teaching by chance but opted as CHOICE.
  Eleventh Teacher includes my Critics and Hardships that always demonstrate way to introspect and continuously improve. 

  Whatever I achieved and whatever I am---Credit goes to all my above teacher, especial to Shri Bhagwati Prasad Verma Ji! 
  I pray for all my teachers "Good Health and Wonderful Time". 

                                                                                                    My great regards to all my Teachers!

2. I am a Teacher.

  5th September is special to me because I am a teacher and I am proud of being a teacher. Swami Vivekananda used to say that "Teaching is the best of Learning" and therefore gives me the opportunity to continuously learn aptitude, attitude and values all across the globe. Whatever I have achieved: be it more than 12 awards; more than 30 Keynote lectures; more than 6 books; more than 225 publications; and many more all because I chose the profession "teaching".

                                                                                                                                         Love Teaching!

3. Biggest reason why 5th September is most important for me is: This is the birth-date of my lovely daughter Samprati (Pakhi).

My daughter's birth-date is 5th September and I am the luckiest father in the world (being a teacher) that I am blessed with my lovely Pakhi, who is my lifeline. Since her birth, my life and career started transforming. People ask me if I have any son, my reply to them is "YES", because my daughter is equal to (even more than ) TEN SONS.
 Pakhi, you are my lovely teacher who teaches me a lot that I can not explain to you in words...

                                                                                                                With Immense Love to Pakhi!



  

Comments

  1. Sir, you always jot down with full of insights and motivation.
    A sincere wish to all the teachers in life to whom we come across....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mapping Learning Outcomes with Learning Objectives for Achieving Real Impact of Outcome Based Education (OBE) in Myanmar