My Present State is attributed by Past State!

                                My Present State is attributed by Past State! 

   Great Buddha always said that "do not dwell upon the past". Another great iconic source of inspiration used to say that "Enjoy the present time with sincere and honest work". These lines are very relevant to teachings of  Lord Krishna through Shrimad Bhagwadgeeta that your right is only in karma (action) not in fruits thereof.
  I feel and realize these great lines in my life and find completely true. Whatever I am; my present state; a state of being able to do something significantly that I am able to bring positive changes in others lives and also in improving the quality of lime of many. 
 I have many important incidences that happened with me in past that could actually help me in reaching to the current state. I would say that my resilience always helped me to fight against all odds and achieve a measurable position. There are much of negative happenings too but I would like to remember only positive part of past that made me strong enough to fight against all challenges in my life.
   I remember one interesting incidence that happened with me in December 2004. I went to present my research paper in an International Conference at Kumbakonam ( a great place where Greatest ever mathematician Ramanujan was born).  The conference was organized by SAASTRA deemed university Kumbakonam campus. I faced a lot of hardships to reach there and present my paper, about which I would not like to talk. 
  This conference was actually EYE-OPENER for me; after my presentation was over I was asked questions by delegates there. A foreign delegate, probably was from Australia asked me a question related to my research paper.  Forget about the answer, I was NOT able to even understand the question what he was asking me because my communication skill (including listening as well as speaking) was not good. There, I realized and accepted my weakness boldly with positive attitude. I started working towards improving and developing good and descent communication skill. I did not attend any coaching center for improving my communication skill.
 Needless to say that I can communicate to any nationality now; I have been speaking all across the country (India) as well as outside (delivered keynote speech twice in Singapore); have been visiting few reputed universities in Myanmar and talking to faculty and students on varied range of topics. Happy to share that the state where I was unable to understand and communicate propely, I visited and delivered my invited lectures; that too nominated by internationally renowned organisations such as ACM New York. The name of the state is Tamilnadu and I must express my humble gratitude to the state, especially Kumbakonam where I saw myself in a mirror and accepted my weakness boldly and kept upon my continuous improvement attitude LIVE and now I am happy wherever I am. 
 I would give all my credit to the incidence that happened with me in past, which could made me realize that "improvement" and "learning" are lifelong processes. Nothing is impossible; everything could be achieved; only thing required is strong will power, big dream and non-stop effort with honest & positive attitude. I express my thanks to that foreign delegate who asked me a question that I could not even understand; because of that reason only NOW I can communicate with anyone in the world.
This is why I feel proudly that "my present state" is attributed by "my past state".




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mapping Learning Outcomes with Learning Objectives for Achieving Real Impact of Outcome Based Education (OBE) in Myanmar

Why is 5th September important for me?