My brain says: “Stop working” but my heart says: “Keep going”


My brain says: “Stop working” but my heart says: “Keep going”

(Recently, I had 8 flights in just 4 days and didn’t sleep properly. Came back to Mandalay, Myanmar and fight between my brain and heart started since I became sick after hectic work and travel. This piece of contribution highlights fight between my heart and brain)




My brain says: “Stop working” but my heart says: “Keep going”…

If listen to my brain, then I take rest and stop working….
Then I become unhappy because I no longer contribute for other’s wellbeing……

Brain requests me take rest and take care about my health…
My lovely heart convinces me that continuous work is only my true wealth….
The work leads happiness and satisfaction in others, creating knowledge wealth……

Fight between brain and heart goes on…
Brain says not to take upon....
But heart says: oh come on and move on………..

My intelligent brain says stop overthinking….
Heart says not to worry, keep thinking and contributing…
I feel that both are right their own place and positioning….
But I believe that whatever I have done is just beginning…………

I love working and helping mostly for young guys and researchers could gain….
I thus listen to my heart and prefer not to obey my naughty brain….
Brain quarrels and says that drain out, drain and drain; not to take much pain…..
For larger cause and purpose of the society, my heart says no gain without pain……..

Sometimes, I feel that brain as well as heart both are right…..
If I can control my mind that can make me perfectly alright….
Brain says not to accept heart plight…….
I am okay with my heart and my schedule is very tight…..

I thus request my brain as well as heart not to fight…….
Because I believe that doing more and more with some care to self has true might…
Brain wishes to travel in comfortable express train but heart requests to be always in flight….
Now, balance is required and I will keep working even beyond my sight……


 (Please do write for feedback to me at drgrsinha@ieee.org and ganeshsinha@acm.org)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mapping Learning Outcomes with Learning Objectives for Achieving Real Impact of Outcome Based Education (OBE) in Myanmar

Why is 5th September important for me?